us for a magical family Christmas!
Schmidt's Christmas Tree Farm
Christmas Tree Farm was started in 1970 by Joan and Ellis planting about
2 acres of Scotch Pine seedlings. Over the years we have gradually expanded
until today we have about 25 acres of trees. We currently are growing
Fraser Fir, Concolor Fir, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, and , and small quantities
of other true firs. In 1998, our son Erich joined us in the business.
- Free coffee and hot chocolate
- Nutcrackers, smokers, other German imports
- Gift items, lights, tree trims
- Wreaths, greens, roping, grave mounds
- Our specialty - large wreaths, custom designs
- Two live reindeer (Fraser and Nordmann) - They love the attention they get during the Christmas season.
- Bright red berries on bare branches make beautiful Christmas arrangements.
- Cut branches are available for retail or wholesale customers.
- Live plants are sold in the gift shop.
- Varieties include: Fraser, Concolor, Canaan, and Douglas Firs, as well as, Colorado Blue Spruce.
- Choose-and-cut or precut trees to choose from.
- Live trees available at Christmas year around.
- Tractor and wagon rides to choose-and-cut fields.
- Saws provided. We shake and bale all trees.
Come see us this fall as we join with Paradocx Vineyard in offering an "A-MAIZE-ing Wine & Harvest Adventure" at the vineyard which is located at 1833 Flint Hill Road, Landenberg, Pennsylvania 19350, just 0.5 miles north of our Christmas tree farm on Flint Hill Road.
Our 5 acre maze provides a challenge for everyone. Other activities include pedal cars, gaint slingshot, pumpkin bowling and kiddie wagon train. A pumpkin patch offers an opportunity to select your own pumpkins and other autumn decorations. Paradocx also offers a free hayride through their vineyard.
School Tours and Evening Hayrides
Beginning in September, we schedule school tours for weekday mornings. On the tour, children will get a hayride through the Christmas tree field and meet our reindeer. The tour ends with hot chocolate and popcorn at the barn.
We also offer evening hayrides, including your own campfire, for birthday parties, scout groups, church groups, neighborhood gatherings, and any other excuse for a party. Hayrides are available Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. Reservations are required.
Map & Directions
Friday after Thanksgiving
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday Noon to 5 PM
Saturday & Sunday 8 AM to 5 PM
Check the weather before you start the drive, as a healthy dump of snow can ruin even as lovely a drive as the one to our farm. Watch the sky for approaching snow clouds, otherwise known as nimbus clouds if you quite don't trust the weatherman.
Travel 5 miles north of Newark DE on Rt 896 to the first stop sign in
Turn right on Flint Hill Road for 1.5 miles. We are on the left side of
OR from West Grove PA, take Rt 841 4.5 miles south to Flint Hill Road
intersects from the left. Turn left onto Flint Hill Road and travel 1.2
where the farm is located on the right side of the road.
Christmas Tree Farm
Flint Hill Road Landenberg, PA 19350
Phone: 610-274-8560 • Email: email@example.com
Member of Captain Jack's
Christmas Tree Farm Network